When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Krusty Bluebird home to nest

-
First, I'm hoping Randy didn't pay anywhere near $5k for this bike. Secondly, the other bike wasn't to much better off before the previous owner gave it the shake and bake rattle can resto to hide some major flaws. Lastly, the '38 BBs just don't command the respect or $$ of the '35-7 BBs. Its actually a totally different bike with, essentially, a Robin frame with a detachable tank unlike the original BBs. That said the '38s are much more scarce than the earlier BBs. As everyone knows though rare doesn't necessarily = $$$. Restored or decent originals though can get decent money from those that appreciate them. V/r Shawn
No where near. And if I decide to restore this bike it will be done by a local professional.

First, I'm hoping Randy didn't pay anywhere near $5k for this bike. Secondly, the other bike wasn't to much better off before the previous owner gave it the shake and bake rattle can resto to hide some major flaws. Lastly, the '38 BBs just don't command the respect or $$ of the '35-7 BBs. Its actually a totally different bike with, essentially, a Robin frame with a detachable tank unlike the original BBs. That said the '38s are much more scarce than the earlier BBs. As everyone knows though rare doesn't necessarily = $$$. Restored or decent originals though can get decent money from those that appreciate them. V/r Shawn
your talking in circles!!

http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1936-elgin-bluebird-progress.92645/

Dude... you gotta check this out. Great find! Congrats! @ranman
downloadfile-19.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you got a kiss on the cheek and $20.00 left on the nightstand!
Man, I'd have had trouble letting someone drop that off for free!

Back