When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kustom Trailmate trike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vontrike

Finally riding a big boys bike
garage matt 013.jpg
garage matt 015.jpg

This was a trike I picked up at the scrapyard 20 years or so ago. It was complete, but looked like it had been hit by a car and pushed down the road. Everything but the frame and sprocket were toasted. A few years back I decided to rebuild it into a custom. The frame was custom painted cinnamon flake with pinstriping by a local guy,,J-Bird. The rims were relaced, changing them to 26 inch. Of course I had to use the 25 inch ape hangers with white grips from a new Trek. The seat is also Trek cruiser. A section of tubing was welded to the top of the headtube, then the same amount was taken off the bottom, thus lowering the frame. Using the lowered 26 inch fork got it closer the pavement. Stopping the trike is a 1950 Schwinn drum off a tandem. It does not stop on a dime,,But is a lot of fun to cruise the neighborhood on. Trike, 6 dollars,,customizing,,,about 200 dollars. Having the kids laugh at me riding my big tricycle,,,priceless.

Thanks ,,,sometimes you hate to, but you have no choice but to scrap. Our new generation of scrap yards won't let us in to try to save bicycles, or anything else of collectable value. So much waste. The yard where I got this trike closed a few years back. The owner would let me spend the whole day in there, if I wanted to. Miss that yard.

Back