When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Laced My First Wheel!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
should be 4x

I thought that as well but swear the photos I took before show it as being a 3 cross. Here’s the best photo I have from before:

7ad2d38f11c82bf26ef84e9d0b27b223.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do everything exactly the same. When you put the first spoke in the opposite direction, just count 4 spokes when you cross. Everything else will follow.

There is one rim hole between the last spoke you crossed, and the opposite direction spoke you are putting in.

Thank you to everyone that mentioned four cross. That fixed the issue and I was able to get the rim ready to go finally. Not sure why but it took me longer to get the four cross pattern n my head.

52177048263a078fd72187ab77e8db6e.jpg

It spins fairly true. Close enough for me anyways.

It spins fairly true. Close enough for me anyways.

If its close enough for you , than that is good enough. I was told by the wheel guru at the LBS that old experience wheels have character. Wheels with character have a different definition of true.

Some say a human made wheel is considered true at 0.5mm ( 0.01968 inch), some say up to 2mm (0.07812) is acceptable. But you are talking about brand new , out of the box, virgin components. Machine made wheels are supposedly set true at O.001mm.

I've never done a cross four pattern wheel, might have to try it one day.

Congratulations and great job.

Back