When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lacing drop center rim to high flange hub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hudman

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have drop center rims. Im trying to install a high flange forebrake hub. Also want to retain the 4 cross pattern to match rear wheel. Im told original 10 5/8" spokes will work. Any thoughts ? Or instruction ? Thank you

20201018_202007_Film3.jpg

Reactions: JLF
those should work but might stick out a little. I prefer 10 19/32" spokes for the post war forebrake or rear hubs

Im gonna appear ignorant right now..with the forebrake hub being substantially larger in diameter than the original hub, how can it be that the original 10 5/8" spokes and original 4 cross pattern work ?

might be because the holes are further apart. I don't know the exact math on it. There is a spoke length calculator somewhere.
Lace it up and see. If too many spokes are sticking out than use 10 19/32". You'll have more practice at lacing wheels

here is a link to the wheel I'm selling with 10 19/32" spokes

here is a link to the wheel I'm selling with 10 19/32" spokes
Yes..ive seen it..i have 3 forebrake hubs but searching for non brake high flange hub and yours keeps popping up on my search lol

There are a ton of calculators on line....

I've done it and didn't have a problem. The low flange hubs are a real trick though! I believe on the high flange they just have more angle coming off the hub which compensates for the distance if that makes sense. V/r Shawn

@Freqman1 & @BFGforme is this typical of using most large flange hubs? I ask because I have some I have thought about lacing up to 26" wheels but I am horrible with those calculators/math so I assumed all 26" wheels use 10 5/8" spokes; unless it was 2 different size hubs or an odd lace pattern etc.

Back