When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lacing wheels

-
well i just got back from MD and now i can re-take a couple pics that came out really blurry so i'll have them up in a jiffy

Last edited:
ok sorry it took so long, i started a new job so I haven't had time to sit down and do this but I have it completed
Step 1 drop the spoke in any hole you desire like the picture. when threading the nipples put the top of the threaded spoke to the bottom of the groove (where a flat tip screwdriver could go) doing this consistently makes sure the hub is perfectly centered
HouseandParts001-1.jpg

Last edited:
Step 2 now after you have put your spoke in the hub you have to put it in the rim obviously but when you put the spoke in the rim you need to make sure your putting it in the right hole. If you look at the rim you'll see holes closest to either side of the rim like in the picture there will be a bottom row and a top row. Where ever you started your spoke on the hub you would put the spoke in the hole with the corresponding row, for ex. if I put the spoke in the top of the hub like the picture of step on I would want to put the spoke in the top row of the rim.
spokingrim-1.jpg

Last edited:
Step 3 Putting in the remaining spokes for the top row. Now instead of dropping the spoke down like the first step you need to bring the spoke up so you dont see the end of the spoke. Shown here in the next picture (any questions please ask for a picture). Then you need to cross over 4 spokes and put it in the empty top row hole. You can start on any top row hole. Just be consistant and go in an clockwise or counter clockwise motion what every is comfortable for you.
HouseandParts005-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back