When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lady's Spaceliner Tank mouinting...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MaxGlide

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I was wondering if anyone had any info on how to mount the lady's 7 tank Spaceliner properly? My men's 7 tank has a little metal tab on the bottom the tank hooks onto to stop it from rattling up and down and makes it solid. I can't seem to work this out on the gal's bike.

Thanks for any help you can offer...

Cheers.... Wayne

Are you sure you own a Spaceliner? Can you post pics of your bike?

Murray built hundreds of bikes under different names with that same frame style for several years and not all of them came with tanks. It should just fit in there. It's pretty straight forward!

Are you sure your frame is from the 1966-68 (7 tank) period and not from the 1964-65 (straight tank) period? The older frames are identical but don't have the mounting tab for the 7 tank. You can verify what you have by comparing your model number to what's in "The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference" sticky above.

I'm pretty sure it's all original.... the head tube even has a piece welded on so the forks don't spin too far and bang on the tank.

IMG_4035.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4174.jpg
    IMG_4174.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4175.jpg
    IMG_4175.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4176.jpg
    IMG_4176.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 46
Looks correct. That's a beauty.
Now if I could only get my hands on a parts washer like yours, I'd be a happy man ;)

Back