When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lapize toe clips(Schwinn Approved)...used what years ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dale Alan

I live for the CABE
I was wondering what years these clips would have been offered ? Also,would they be accessory only or come on some bike models? Thanks for any info.
IMG_3016.JPG
IMG_3019.JPG

I believe that from the factory in '67 and later the Super Sport, Sports Tourer and Superior came with "Schwinn Approved" (made by AFA in France) clips that were 60mm in size. They used Lapize white leather straps. In some cases Christophe Special clips were substituted, and those were standard on the Paramount. Up to '74 the Schwinn Approved clips were 60mm and had a narrower attachment point under the reflectors (where used). Starting in '74 they changed to a wide attachment (clearing the reflectors) and were available in both 60mm and 75mm lengths. The larger 75mm size was supposed come on 26" framed bikes, but I'm not sure how well they stuck to that.

Those clips appear to be the 60mm versions with the wide attachment point used in '74 and later.

Back