When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Flange Hub

-

Hudman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Ive had an early Schwinn heavy duty Wasp that had a non brake large flange hub with heavy duty spokes. I recently purchased a heavy duty large flange hub that i passed along to another Caber thinking id soon find a standard guage hub. Ive been searching for a standard large flange hub for quite some time to no avail. Do standard spoke guage large flange hubs exist ? Are they really this hard to find ? On that note...still looking..thanx

20200826_224902_Film3.jpg

You looking for the Bendix K front hub? Any of the Wasp parts are hard to find in my experience, outside of what can be borrowed from other balloon bikes, like fenders w/o the holes for the front fender light. Best to list the front hub you need here and in the classifieds, may find someone who has it. Think you’re looking for the Bendix K front hub.

The parts seem to be the bigger issue. I have one similar to yours and I finally had to just omit it since after an exhausting search I had no luck finding the cones, races and even the axle was next to impossible. Hopefully you’ll have better luck than I did? The “K” hub is a easier piece to find.

This is the front hub on my ‘61 News Boy Wasp I just got, the heavy duty high wall front hub, with .120 gage spokes.

View attachment 1288783

View attachment 1288784
Yes..ive had those..thought itd be easier to find a standard guage so i sold the heavy duty hub i had..ugh
The parts seem to be the bigger issue. I have one similar to yours and I finally had to just omit it since after an exhausting search I had no luck finding the cones, races and even the axle was next to impossible. Hopefully you’ll have better luck than I did? The “K” hub is a easier piece to find.
Looks like we may have just buy a complete Steamliner lol

Think I saw a Bendix k hub for sale in the classifieds. The only two style hubs I’m familiar with for the Wasp are the Bendix k (which I think is the standard rd hub) and the Heavy duty high wall flange hub.

I'd trade this one for a comparable drum hub. It's an old rechrome with an nos axle assembly. The schwinn script was polished away in chroming.

Back