When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LaSalle find

-
Thank you for everyone's comments and information. I was very surprised I was able to get the bike. Let the previous owner know more about the parts that are missing, told him I would owe him a lot more if he finds any of them. I am going to do a light clean up and add a correct part here and there when I can. Is there somewhere I can read about the differences between AC, BC, C and other style or model schwinn bikes? I also read about the differences in the way schwinn stamped their serial #'s from '36 and earlier to the war. Can that help with dating or is there too much overlapping between the years to really help? Thank you again

First thing to mention - Chicago Cycle Supply was the honey badger of jobbers. Anything goes so having a few of last years parts on there is nothing out of the ordinary.

Small machine T serial is early '37 range, makes sense given the rest.

I like it. It would look good in my garage next to my other LaSalle.

Naw!
I disagree.
That small tightly spaced sequence with the T prefix is definitely 1938.
Everything else, including the paint scheme is 1936

Naw!
I disagree.

I'm in the 37 camp... that would be a very very very early 38.... my double bar roadster has a 36 crank and the same tight machine stamp which I've always been told indicated more or less 37 ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naw!
I disagree.

Hmmm. Here's my later 37 Roadie serial. Trust me, I had enough of the original bike when I got it way back in '95 to know. 37 style mount hockey guard, no rear fender dart but newer curved fender braces, and an AS stem.
IMG_2465.JPG

Back