When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last of the Chicago gang...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
What year? I haven't taken it out of the box yet, I'm working on three others and don't want to mess it up.

But here it is as taken by @A.S.BOLTNUT

ASBs Schwinn.jpg

Here are her tires, courtesy of @Jay81 (tires only)

Carlisle WW Lightning Darts.jpg

Here is her rack, which came from a DX or Straightbar, I gotta look it up and who parted it to sell the rack to me. It got two or three coats of paint and an amber jewel from Bicyclebones with the side reflectors are made by @Boris
ASBs Schwinn.jpg

Carlisle WW Lightning Darts.jpg

Rack for Chicago Schwinn.JPG

I have a set on correct decals and a new KMC chain courtesy of @bicyclebones, handlebars, stem and Schwinn approved black grips. I will use one of my Troxel comfort seats like I use on most of my other bikes (except for the Shelby, it already has a really nice seat). I have a Delta Rocket Ray for the bars, no fenders on the bike and I hope a Rocket Horn rigged for a horn switch on a line.

1981 model. Just shy of being the last of the Chicago gang. The actual birth date is stamped in the head badge next to the letter I. Front hub will also have a date.

1555138094892.png

Seeing that they were built in Chicago from the late 1930s to 1983, spiritually the gang was dying out.

And I don't believe that black was a common color in the 1970s or early 80 for the cantilevered frames.

Technically it's close enough.

I'm also going to move the reflector to a spot under the seat so the rack will fit.

Might whomever it was that sold me the rack get back to me? I want to properly credit them and can't find it right now.

Put a more complete coat of the aluminum paint of the tank halves and was trimming down the mess around the sides of my house when it started to lightly drizzle and I had to shut down and put it all in the shed for now. At least it didn't rain during the funeral.

It'll be back sometime soon, a friend is putting it together for me this week. Rough summer and busy, he helped me with the Higgins as well.

Back