Last swap meet for Memory Lane spring 2018

This ad disappears when logged in

barnyguey

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
I've been collecting bicycles for 38 year's and every since I heard of the Swap meet and started buying parts from them and Chesnut Hollow I've dreamed of going. Everything was finally going to line up financially, health wise and the free time next year! I can't believe I'm going to miss it by one year! I almost feel like crying!

charnleybob

Wore out three sets of tires already!
May 30, 2009
Omaha, United States
Ann Arbor might eventually take a hit too.
For those that live far away, going for a Sunday morning meet doesn't seem as good as a 4-5 day relaxed meet.
ML is a social event with other collectors, AA is the Oklahoma land rush for activity.
Together they make for a great time, seperate, not so sure.

charnleybob

Wore out three sets of tires already!
May 30, 2009
Omaha, United States
Honestly, this spring meet doesn't have to end. Bill Feasel use to put on a meet at Findlay, Ohio, at a fairground. ( With buildings/barns you set up in. Rain was no problem because you were inside.)
This meet would start on Wednesday and basically end Saturday, early, and then everybody would drive to Perrysburg where the old Memory Lane was.
Everybody would hang around there and then head north to Ann Arbor for the Sunday meet.
This was back in the 1980's.
The hobby was actually smaller then it is now and I don't see why this couldn't start up again somewhere else in Ohio.

mazdaflyer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Feb 16, 2010
Mid-West
We went to Memory Lane and the swap meet a few years ago in October. It was a neat place and left quite a bit of money with the lady there. I’ve also ordered many items over the years. I’m sad to hear of the closing. Living in KS makes for a long road trip but really enjoyed our time there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catfish

Riding an Alexander Rocket Bike
Sep 25, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
antiquebikeparts.com
Everyone who has ever wanted to attend the Memory Lane Spring meet, but hasn't - should make an effort to go this year. This has always been one of the best meets every year. And we should show are support and gratitude to the good people at Memory Lane by making this the biggest show ever.

crazyhawk

Look Ma, No Hands!
Oct 17, 2009
Clyde, United States
Everyone who has ever wanted to attend the Memory Lane Spring meet, but hasn't - should make an effort to go this year. This has always been one of the best meets every year. And we should show are support and gratitude to the good people at Memory Lane by making this the biggest show ever.
Catfish, you are absolutely right. It will be heartbreaking but we have a chance to turn it into a huge celebration of everything good about the hobby. And also, for some of us more local guys, I was really impressed with Paul Kleppert and the AA gang's new swap meet in Royal Oak, Mi. Maybe that will turn into a really big deal. Hope so...

catfish

Riding an Alexander Rocket Bike
Sep 25, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
antiquebikeparts.com
Catfish, you are absolutely right. It will be heartbreaking but we have a chance to turn it into a huge celebration of everything good about the hobby. And also, for some of us more local guys, I was really impressed with Paul Kleppert and the AA gang's new swap meet in Royal Oak, Mi. Maybe that will turn into a really big deal. Hope so...
11162015 002.JPG

ZE52414

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 6, 2016
Peoria, United States
I'm going to do my best to make it! I've never been but wanted to go last spring. Everyone I talk to say if your into the bike hobby this is a must. Sounds like the spring show needs to be on my bicycle bucket list. I hope I can make it this year and hope to meet all the guys I chat with on here!

hawkster19

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jul 26, 2015
Fort Recovery, United States
I haven't missed a Memory Lane show for going on 5 years. This is devastating news. I'll be there for this spring show and would definitely be down for a Saturday ride. Grand Rapids is such a gorgeous area.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$185.00
eBay Auction Picture
$25.00
eBay Auction Picture
$29.95
eBay Auction Picture
$27.99
eBay Auction Picture
$129.95
eBay Auction Picture