When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last swap meet for Memory Lane spring 2018

-
I've been collecting bicycles for 38 year's and every since I heard of the Swap meet and started buying parts from them and Chesnut Hollow I've dreamed of going. Everything was finally going to line up financially, health wise and the free time next year! I can't believe I'm going to miss it by one year! I almost feel like crying!

Do you think the Ann Arbor swap meet will increase in size to make up for the loss of Memory Lane?

HARV, LISA,
SORRY TO HEAR, BUT LIKE PAUL SAYS ONE DOOR CLOSES AND ANOTHER OPENS!
LOTS OF GOOD MEMORIES!
THANKS,
WES

Ann Arbor might eventually take a hit too.
For those that live far away, going for a Sunday morning meet doesn't seem as good as a 4-5 day relaxed meet.
ML is a social event with other collectors, AA is the Oklahoma land rush for activity.
Together they make for a great time, seperate, not so sure.

Honestly, this spring meet doesn't have to end. Bill Feasel use to put on a meet at Findlay, Ohio, at a fairground. ( With buildings/barns you set up in. Rain was no problem because you were inside.)
This meet would start on Wednesday and basically end Saturday, early, and then everybody would drive to Perrysburg where the old Memory Lane was.
Everybody would hang around there and then head north to Ann Arbor for the Sunday meet.
This was back in the 1980's.
The hobby was actually smaller then it is now and I don't see why this couldn't start up again somewhere else in Ohio.

We went to Memory Lane and the swap meet a few years ago in October. It was a neat place and left quite a bit of money with the lady there. I’ve also ordered many items over the years. I’m sad to hear of the closing. Living in KS makes for a long road trip but really enjoyed our time there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back