When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late 20's early 30's Schwinn-made Liberty

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lgrinnings

I live for the CABE
I'm not normally a Schwinn guy, but I picked up this late 20's early 30's Schwinn-made Liberty the other night. It had been on craigslist on and off for over a year. Finally, the price dropped to the point where I figured I'd be a fool not to buy it (sound familiar anyone?) so I drove down and grabbed it for less than the tires are worth. I wish the paint were in better shape because the striping is absolutely beautiful. It has a nice earlier Liberty badge. It's complete and ridable. The 28" single tube tires have been holding air for a couple years. Strangely, it appears to have two coats of underpaint, one light blue and the other a primer-like red. I can't imagine that the outer coat of green is a repaint as the striping is so extensive and precise. I can't wait to clean her up and get some of her shine back.

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

I've been meaning to grab it but I couldn't quite pull the trigger. Plus I had bad intentions since I just wanted the stand and badge. I had no idea it had pinstripes. I'm glad it found a good home.

Back