When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late 30's Double Curve Roadster?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jwages

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello. I'm thinking of buying this frame. A local guy started a restoration and said the head badge on it (removed for restoration but in his possession) was Excelsior. I dug around and it looks most like a 30s Roadster, but I'm new to collecting and I have no clue. The Schwinn site says the serial number belongs to a 1955 Schwinn. I checked the 55 catalog and don't see anything like it.

IMG_5881.JPG

IMG_5882.JPG

IMG_5883.JPG

I would avoid that frame... extra holes and the head tube looks to have been reattached at some point... very half ass I might add... you don't want to be riding that and have that give way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies.

Obi-Wan, I hadn't noticed the weld issue but wouldn't have been sure about it anyway. That's pretty disappointing. The seller is offering a period correct crank set, the frame and head badge for 50 bucks.

Thanks for the replies.

Obi-Wan, I hadn't noticed the weld issue but wouldn't have been sure about it anyway. That's pretty disappointing. The seller is offering a period correct crank set, the frame and head badge for 50 bucks.

If its the correct crank set then that and the badge are worth $50. I'd take a better look at the weld on the head tube. Just looks like the top was welded to me. If its straight I'd go for it, V/r Shawn

Back