When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late 30's Double Curve Roadster?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm pretty sure there is a post or thread on here somewhere showing/explaining the differences but they are different. If your gonna do a rat/custom then use whatever. If you want to do original then start hunting a pre war springer. V/r Shawn

Shawn, I read a few threads here about that topic and learned a lot. What's unclear to me is whether the postwar 5 1/8 head tube length will accommodate a prewar steerer tube originally designed for the shorter 5 inch head tube. Wondering if it'll work with just fewer exposed threads.

Shawn, I read a few threads here about that topic and learned a lot. What's unclear to me is whether the postwar 5 1/8 head tube length will accommodate a prewar steerer tube originally designed for the shorter 5 inch head tube. Wondering if it'll work with just fewer exposed threads.

You're gonna be right on the edge there. Might just work. Park makes a headtube mill, you could find a shop with one that could properly mill down that ring until a prewar fork works. Doubt they would loan it out, expensive tool.

The thing that worries me about that head tube is not the length but the inside where a cup would go. That thing is jacked up pretty good. The first thing I would do is make sure I can get a set of cups in there and that they are straight when you put a fork in. What I mean is if the cups are not aligned the fork will ride off center and you may have some binding. V/r Shawn

Good point! It doesn't concern me because I won't be the crash test dummy riding it on its maiden voyage, make sure you have Go Pro charged and PPE is way over hyped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing that worries me about that head tube is not the length but the inside where a cup would go. That thing is jacked up pretty good. The first thing I would do is make sure I can get a set of cups in there and that they are straight when you put a fork in. What I mean is if the cups are not aligned the fork will ride off center and you may have some binding. V/r Shawn

It's my concern too. But the deeper you look into the top of the head tube, the better it looks. I have a feeling that giving it a haircut will reveal a more suitable home for the top cup. However, the guys at the bike shop say they've pressed cups into worse (believe it or not) and had no problems.

Back