When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late 30's Double Curve Roadster?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Anyone know if there was an excelsior model that used this frame or is the included badge from another bike?

If its the correct crank set then that and the badge are worth $50. I'd take a better look at the weld on the head tube. Just looks like the top was welded to me. If its straight I'd go for it, V/r Shawn

Here's the front end that was on the frame when the seller acquired it, and some extra parts some of which he thought might be correct for the frame.

IMG_5904.JPG

IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_5906.JPG

IMG_5907.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

Well, I pulled the trigger on the frame and head badge. The seller had a couple dog leg cranks but they were stamped H502 and I read here somewhere that's a lady's crank. So just the frame and excelsior badge for 40 bucks.

@Obi-Wan Schwinnobi, if it comes apart and I knock my teeth out, don't say you told me so.

Since you got it for a steal and since it's in bare metal, is take it to a machine shop and have them strengthen the welds

Here are some close ups of the welds. Looks like a repair to only the top tube(?). I'll have it looked at by a pro. Sooo, who wants to sell me some Roadster parts? :flushed:

IMG_5911.JPG

IMG_5912.JPG

IMG_5913.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

IMG_5915.JPG

Back