When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late 40's Safticycle (Curb score)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TickDixon

On Training Wheels
My mom sent me a picture last Sunday during the local spring cleanup, there was a red bicycle of some sort sticking out of the pile of junk her neighbors had brought to the curb. I looked and saw a small engine in the frame so I immediately hopped in my car and drove a mile down the road to her house (just narrowly beating another junk collector with his trailer in tow). I was thrilled to see this weathered old bike and a Briggs and Stratton engine seemingly fused together. Its in extremely rough shape and is missing the majority of the original parts HOWEVER it is in a good enough state to be salvaged. I've monkied with the engine the last two days and after severing an ignition coil and carburetor off of an old pressure washer I've got what I need to hopefully get the engine running. I'll post updates as I get it put together this will be my son and I's summer project will probably sell later on to fund the next project.

PXL_20230429_005501504.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230429_005518132.PORTRAIT.jpg

ALSO, if anyone can help me figure out the size for the missing drive pulley and belt I would really appreciate it. I've got a pretty good idea of what I need, though knowing the exact specs would be far better than guessing and buying parts twice. TYTY

Great bike! It’s a cruiser model, like mine. It has the wrong engine and it is missing the rear rack and fender. Those will be difficult to find. I also love that Harley tandem seat. I would be interested in buying it if you replace it. It is also missing the side mount gas tank. It is a short wheelbase model too.

Congratulations and welcome to the CABE..
What an amazing trash pick story; you are very lucky!
Thank you! I was very fortunate to find this place I have a collection of old bikes I have been gathering for my entire life.
Great bike! It’s a cruiser model, like mine. It has the wrong engine and it is missing the rear rack and fender. Those will be difficult to find. I also love that Harley tandem seat. I would be interested in buying it if you replace it. It is also missing the side mount gas tank. It is a short wheelbase model too.
The seat trim looks like its old Harley hardware attached to a piece of green treat plywood covered in foam. I sat down to find the bolts pushed into my bum. 😂 I think that the frame has been damaged at some point there is a long chicken scratch weld in front of the seat on the floorboard where they had welded all the way across the plate and into the frame. It does still have the serial number buried in the paint. I will dig into it some more when I get back out to the shop.

My mom sent me a picture last Sunday during the local spring cleanup, there was a red bicycle of some sort sticking out of the pile of junk her neighbors had brought to the curb. I looked and saw a small engine in the frame so I immediately hopped in my car and drove a mile down the road to her house (just narrowly beating another junk collector with his trailer in tow). I was thrilled to see this weathered old bike and a Briggs and Stratton engine seemingly fused together. Its in extremely rough shape and is missing the majority of the original parts HOWEVER it is in a good enough state to be salvaged. I've monkied with the engine the last two days and after severing an ignition coil and carburetor off of an old pressure washer I've got what I need to hopefully get the engine running. I'll post updates as I get it put together this will be my son and I's summer project will probably sell later on to fund the next project.

View attachment 1829641

View attachment 1829642
Just goes to show, "one man's treasure is another man's junk". Nice SCORE. RideOn.

Back