When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late '40's Schwinn Continental Custom Build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mbstude

Finally riding a big boys bike
Having gone through a few things recently, I decided that I needed a fun project. I like working on bikes and riding the wheels off of them, so this is the result.. I have one nice original Conti, and decided to do this one up as a custom build. I have some cool parts and pieces on hand and it should turn out pretty nice. Fingers crossed. :)

101143d9ecf9d203bae5a30001156b7a.jpg

215c4060f88fe75c3c06768f31149178.jpg

Current state: I've sand blasted the frame and have it in primer. I should be able to get some paint sprayed this week.

9805e85684a647a775488fbffd55343a.jpg

3caf21b0aa64b2e406942edd8243a839.jpg

Last edited:
Has it really been over a month since I messed with this bike?

It'd been a while since I laid down any paint and I wasn't thrilled with the outcome; not shiny enough. I also scratched it when I went to install the kickstand.

Was running errands for work today and stumbled across a shop that does powder coating. He quoted me $30 to do the frame and fork if I brought it to him bare... So, going to strip it back down and go that route.

More later.

Bummer you have to strip it,looked great from your pics .Being happy with the final product is what counts in the end though. Love the fork on that bike.Can't wait to see the powdercoat.

Back