When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late 40's Tank Bike Model?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Siestabikes

Finally riding a big boys bike
i picked up this paint brush painted Schwinn today. I dont see a serial number but appears to be a Schwinn...chain guard, seat tube decal, brazed on kickstand, AS & CO crank. badge is a "Royal" but perhaps not original
any idea what model it is

20191103_141613.jpg

20191103_141620.jpg

Serial has to be on the BB or the left rear drop out. Probably filled in with paint if you can't see it. I'll guess a 1952 D-62 with added tank if the stem and guard are original to the bike.

Last edited:
Boy when u say brush painted u ain't kidden.. Regardless, it's a pretty bike. Yet u ain't gonna call a date on that one, to many mixed parts. For the Wald stem then prob 54 and up but the badge then, go lower, maybe even down into 47 area. Take that late seat post clamp and U can enter the 60's. Fall back on the A.S. Chain ring and U're riding a lightweight supreme or such, in the 40's. So, it's a custom mix match of parts. Yet just for spitz and giggles say the badge and as the tank button looks older, might be original? then look under the BB for serial numbers, early 50's, late 40's..

Not that the date makes much of a difference as it is today, but it's pretty now. This ol'gal's got her party dress, Jewelry and make-up on for a razzle dazzle night of Swing. I would'd let her down and go out for a spin just as she is.

[wink]

Last edited:
Back