When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late 50s Girardengo bicycle

-

jackomeano

Finally riding a big boys bike
Here is my 1955ish Girardengo twin top bar frame with regina cassette.
Campagnolo Sport derailluer
Mastroni b.b. Mastroni head set.
Steel crank Manio
universal 68 special brakes
3piece Gnutti rear hub front campi record fir rims.
can u dig it.

TTACH=CONFIG]70427[/ATTACH]
oct.2012 016.jpg
oct.2012 031.jpg
oct.2012 023.jpg

Attachments

• oct.2012 026.jpg
    oct.2012 026.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 158
the new and the old side by side...

ebay2 025.jpg
ebay2 069.jpg

A picture of my new Felt SR71 That I have received at no cost! And my late 50s Garirdengo twin top bar bicycle together. Not much has changed in geometry...

I don't think the lightweight junkies have made it the CABE yet. Spread the word! Cool bike. I like the head badge!

Thanks for the reply, I guess your the only one that liked the bicycle. Super Rare

There's at least 2 of us, love the Girardengo, just don't watch the lightweights as closely as I do other parts of the CABE forum. Great bike & cool unique frame!!!!!

I also have a well-loved late-'50s Colnago that I recently recommissioned with new mudguards, rack, lighting, wheels and tyres. It's re-cabled also. The paint looks to be a pearl magenta originally, with gold lining. Most decals are in good shape...

BEFORE:
DSC09986sma_zps5adc3d38-1.jpg

And (ALMOST) AFTER:
DSC09824sma_zps4b175c79-1.jpg

It's since been finished off with Brooks tan handlebar leather and some strange German headlight converted to LED use...more photos later.

Back