When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late teens/early 20's Indian

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That's the same pedal but long after it was used on other bikes

Just do a search on ebay... search gibson pedals then search westfield pedals. What ever they are called should be determined by what happens in your search. Obviously if no Westfield show up then that's not what they're called and you e been calling the pedals by an incorrect name. Find all the "chickey" loves himself paper cuts you want... EVERYONE BUT YOU,calls them Gibsons

Judging for the inner ring carved on your chain ring, if it's original to the bike, your Indian should be 1920 or 1921 last year for the split bottom bracket as far as I know. From 1916 to 1919 the chain ring was plain, like the one below.

img_8920-jpg.jpg

O.K. .. Nelson ... 1916 thru 1919 ... the eleven-spoke
Indian chainring was plain ... no machine-made cir-
cular reveal in the outer ring below the teeth.

Did NOT know this.

Thank you very much, Nelson.

..... patric

You're welcome Patric, in fact I think Columbia chain rings presents the same pattern. Check out the "flat" chain ring on your 1918 Columbia Military vs the 1920's Columbia chain ring at the bottom. The ring is clearly visible on the second picture.
Patric if you have any other info on the Columbia chain rings I'll appreciate you share it so we can use it as reference to try to pin-point the year on @ohdeebee s Indian. Since Westfield manufactured both bicycles, chances are that the some changes apply to both models, but this is just a conjecture.
Nc

thumbnail-col-mil-02-jpg.jpg

My Screaming Orange Columbia-002.jpg

You're welcome Patric, in fact I think Columbia chain rings presents the same pattern. Check out the "flat" chain ring on your 1918 Columbia Military vs the 1920's Columbia chain ring at the bottom. The ring is clearly visible on the second picture.
Patric if you have any other info on the Columbia chain rings I'll appreciate you share it so we can use it as reference to try to pin-point the year on @ohdeebee s Indian. Since Westfield manufactured both bicycles, chances are that the same changes apply to both models, but this is just a conjecture.

Nc

Nelson ... What I know about Westfield could be
written in bold-print on the back of a gnat's ear ...
and there would still be room for The Gettysburg Address.

..... patric

Last edited:

In the case of Indian bicycles I've seen this feature in a very consistent manner, but in the case of Columbia bicycles...mm I'm not sure; that's why I assume that they present the same features than Indians, but as I said this it's just a theory. We need more info on the Columbia chain rings, but I think this topic should be discussed in another post.

Last edited:
Back