When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late teens Indian?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

LuckyArt

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hey All, my name is Art and I am another dreaded “Newbie”. I am new also to bicycle collecting, having bought my first old bike, a 1939 Elgin for my wife, a few years ago. I just bought 7 assorted bikes from a 70 year old barn, two of which are pre-war. I believe my nickname “Lucky”, given by my friends for my lucky finds at swap meets, etc, may be true this time also. I need confirmation of what I found, possibly the year estimate, and maybe value. Thanks to your incredible forums, I have come to believe my bike is a 1918-20 Indian, serial number “17587” so close as I can see. The serial number is not on the two piece crank cover, rather on one of the two bars between the crank and the “curved” rear crossbar. There is no head badge. Any help would be great. Thanks, Art.

4C4B12F3-F9CA-4DFD-A7AA-BC036B0D8F28.jpeg

857702DB-FC55-4DAA-B50A-6A10740B956A.jpeg

8743FC17-0D95-48B0-B613-5666A3C110AF.jpeg

67D381FF-B879-4F7F-8013-48A8358F572C.jpeg

My favorite frame for the Indian!! Small head tube/split bottom/triple plate fork/flared fender. Can’t wait to see more of this one. Thanks for sharing the find with the cabe.
B706EEE5-A0C3-4FB7-A291-950028BB88D9.jpeg

Great find -25 years ago they were rare but obtainable..but noww fergetaboutit most get pieced together 1,800 or so missing what it is --could you take some photos of the headstock for the badge hole placement and the unique Bering races my all time favorite bike

Back