When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest find has me skipping for joy !!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Congrats on a great find! What's the story behind it? How did you find it?
I've had a couple of 'em and have the twin to yours currently, in my stable. If you have any plans on selling please let me know!! Direct contact: [email protected]

Thanks everyone !!!

Terrific find and beautiful example of a 1930s Skippy! The only two parts that may have been replaced are the pedals and hub caps if a 1937 model. That year the Skippy appears to have come with streamlined teardrop pedals with nickel plated end caps and rear hub caps having a rib design going across them in the middle. The seat design is definite original! If your skippy varies by a year or so it could mean a difference in hub cap and pedal design, so it's entirely possible they are original also. Again, very nice acquisition! :)

Dave

Thanks Dave for the added info. Always much appreciated! I just kind of guessed on a year from the little info I had found online, so like you said it could vary from a year or so.

Congrats on a great find! What's the story behind it? How did you find it?
I've had a couple of 'em and have the twin to yours currently, in my stable. If you have any plans on selling please let me know!! Direct contact: [email protected]

No great find story on this one, just saw it listed in an auction about an hour and a half away and was lucky enough to get it on my max bid. I've lost on a few great items at cash only auctions before. No plans to sell at this time but if that would change I will let you know.

Back