When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest Part Of David's (Mr Monark) Whizzer Special Build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
No. It is a very large coaster drum brake designed and built by whizzer. They’re incredibly rare, but very useful on a bike that is ridden hundreds of miles in a weekend.
You have an "incredibly rare" rear brake hub, that you will be "riding hundreds of miles". If the rear fork ends are out of alignment after you spread the frame "noticeably wider" your rear axle will be bowed. This could affect your brake action/adjustment, or brake shoe drag, and at the very least bow the axle, which will impact bearing and cone wear. It's only a "five-minute job" to check and re-set your fork ends. Think how much better you will sleep at night not wondering if it's OK.

Sorry to beat you up over this modification issue. I have absolutely NO Whizzer experience, but decades of bicycle and motorcycle frame alignment experience. Your frame alignment is not a Whizzer issue, it the same on any bicycle from a kid's bike, right up to a Paramount.

John

You have an "incredibly rare" rear brake hub, that you will be "riding hundreds of miles". If the rear fork ends are out of alignment after you spread the frame "noticeably wider" your rear axle will be bowed. This could affect your brake action/adjustment, or brake shoe drag, and at the very least bow the axle, which will impact bearing and cone wear. It's only a "five-minute job" to check and re-set your fork ends. Think how much better you will sleep at night not wondering if it's OK.

Sorry to beat you up over this modification issue. I have absolutely NO Whizzer experience, but decades of bicycle and motorcycle frame alignment experience. Your frame alignment is not a Whizzer issue, it the same on any bicycle from a kid's bike, right up to a Paramount.

John
I will take you advice and check it out next time im out to work on the bike. We have done this on other bikes without problem, but I trust youand will inspect it.

Back