When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

laws in cali way back?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Holy C. 2014 and some rookie resorts to, "IDK, I'm gonna cite you because you're ugly " ?

I remember that BS law, even as early when I were merely 5 YO. it was imposed before the sting ray. it never had a dam thing to do with rider safety. They're even depicting the target bike.. Black Schwinn with an cycle truck's gooseneck and butterfly bars. was the virtual 'rebel without a cause' local gangs, juvenile delinquent's ride of choice, nearly everywhere in LA. . It wasn't the bike, it was the rebellious kids that it was targeting. Heck all the 'Bad kids' had black Schwinn's like it. Not just on cycles but Bike's too, (motorcycles). Well before choppers but it was used against them (choppers) in mid-late 60's. I expected that Bogus law would have been dumped by now.

So, WTF was Mike P. doing to P.O. the rookie cop?

View attachment 821009

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, was having a good day .. then, got to thinkin' about
the ticket given to silverking surfer ... Sven posting the
classic snippet from The Wild Angels ... 49autocycledeluxe's
observation that one can lose their automotive driver's license
for riding drunk on a bicycle ... Jeff54's thoughts on bad kids
and target bikes ... Boris (Dr. Marko) reminding me of those
imposed snorkel-height restrictions ... and am reminded of the
day all snorkels had those cool little ''caged ping-pong ball''

one-way breathing valves added to the ''forbidden'' list .... in fact
.. every participant in this thread has contributed content that,
frankly, chaps my a$$. Did I mention spoker ... who started this
thread ?! ..... (Thank You - spoker.)

No, it's not you contributors ... it's the content, perhaps revealing
an overzealous, overreaching power-play by a few local policemen ..

maybe my parents .. most every teacher I ever had ... the snippet
from the Peter Fonda film speaks volumes.

So .. am in the kitchen, typin' ... am 71 and a half years old .. agitated ..
from some phantom-injustice that I believe was foisted on me when
I was .. maybe 8 .. or 12 .......

I could dial 1-800-CRY-BABY ....... nah !! ....... gonna make a Tim Horton's
run ... large Mocha Ice Coffee .... no cream ... no sugar.

What I think is really shovin' a grapefruit in my face ... the death of Anthony Bourdain.

I thank you for listening.

..... patric

hqdefault cag 01  plain.jpg
Sin%20título-10 cag 02 plain.jpg

Last edited:
What I think is really shovin' a grapefruit in my face ... the death of Anthony Bourdain.
Yeah, that was a shock and a bummer. What Obama said about him was spot on. “Low plastic stool, cheap but delicious noodles, cold Hanoi beer.” This is how I’ll remember Tony. He taught us about food — but more importantly, about its ability to bring us together. To make us a little less afraid of the unknown. We’ll miss him".
Watching his show made me want to get out and see if the world was as scary as some would have you believe.

How's this related to the topic? Well here in the land of the free you can get a ticket for riding with your hands above your shoulders. That's pretty scary. Heck, last weekend I got pulled over and given a sobriety test for having the audacity to drive with a cracked tail light lens...

bourdain.png

Yeah, that was a shock and a bummer. What Obama said about him was spot on. “Low plastic stool, cheap but delicious noodles, cold Hanoi beer.” This is how I’ll remember Tony. He taught us about food — but more importantly, about its ability to bring us together. To make us a little less afraid of the unknown. We’ll miss him".
Watching his show made me want to get out and see if the world was as scary as some would have you believe.

How's this related to the topic? Well here in the land of the free you can get a ticket for riding with your hands above your shoulders. That's pretty scary. Heck, last weekend I got pulled over and given a sobriety test for having the audacity to drive with a cracked tail light lens...

View attachment 821469

You fail to mention the results of that test.

Back