When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lawwil Knight Pro Cruiser article on Radavist

-

Major Taylor Archive

I live for the CABE
Beyond any doubt it's the best bike ever! Had a chance to ride one, never felt so much comfort on a bike before. You don't even need any suspensions, neither on the road or off-road. Two years ago I've been to Europe in order to check a property for sale in Portugal and found one of these in the garage. Owner of the house offered me to take a quick ride around. It was so cool, I never had so much fun.

I unearthed a Knight/ Lawwill on the island of Kauai lately. I think mine is the last production year. I’ve been knocking the gunk off of it and bombing around in the dirt a bit They are fun to ride! By far the longest top tube and most laid back geometry I’ve ever seen. The bike is pretty rough but I’m not going to repaint it. It’s kind of a miracle that it survived in the tropics at all. I’ll snap some pics in the morning.

1581209695637.jpeg
Here’s the ad last year on CL Kaua’i before I went to check it out for a friend. He is a bike nerd, early BMX nut, grew up on the Island but now lives far away. Despite being on a different mission I ended up falling in love w the thing
and buying it. Now I’m “holding it” for him.

82 might be the year. Does it have a serial number? There is a two digit number on the Sturmey Drum brakes that indicates the year they were made.

1581266758976.jpeg

it sure looks better after ditching the “Super Soft Ahhhhh” (?!) brand seat. I’m saving it just in case it was a stock item. I had an old Campy Super Record seat post that fit. A little short but it’s the right era at least. Yes, I stashed the original post. Speaking of short, this bike is huge. I’m 6’1” for scale. It almost needs a lean forward seat post.

Back