When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather Adhesives

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

GiovanniLiCalsi

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Has anyone had any luck glueing together cracks in leather saddles, with this leather/fabric adhesive?

2F752FD0-417A-49B3-A184-DA097DE7FB9D.jpeg

I'm about to glue down the edges on a saddle that I own. I was planning to simply use "Gorilla Glue", something I have already. Has anyone used this glue with decent results?? I'm thinking how can one glue be significantly better or worse than another ? Also, being a good Italian boy, my mother told me olive oil works for EVERYTHING !!! I was planning on using that to soften the leather a bit before applying the glue ? Has anyone used olive oil on leather to soften it?
Pete in Fitchburg

I'm about to glue down the edges on a saddle that I own. I was planning to simply use "Gorilla Glue", something I have already. Has anyone used this glue with decent results?? I'm thinking how can one glue be significantly better or worse than another ? Also, being a good Italian boy, my mother told me olive oil works for EVERYTHING !!! I was planning on using that to soften the leather a bit before applying the glue ? Has anyone used olive oil on leather to soften it?
Pete in Fitchburg

Being overly cautious here, but I'm just wondering if you might want to oil after gluing. The oil probably wouldn't penetrate the leather as quick as to resist the glue, but it might. I use E6000 craft glue with good results when gluing down loose seat leather, and secure it with a length of tire tube for the required 24 hour drying time. The E6000 creates a very strong bond. It's what I use on my custom reflectors.

Last edited:
Being overly cautious here, but I'm just wondering if you might want to oil after gluing. The oil probably wouldn't penetrate the leather as quick as to resist the glue, but it might. I use E6000 craft glue with good results when gluing down loose seat leather, and secure it with a length of tire tube for the required 24 hour drying time. The E6000 creates a very strong bond. It's what I use on my custom reflectors.

I like E6000 Industrial. Good stuff, use is at work all the time.

Back