When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather suspended saddles for lightweights

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Coalfield

Finally riding a big boys bike
If you ride vintage bikes you probably have owned a significant number of old leather saddles. Brooks, Ideale, Wrights, Troxel, Belt, Palace are on my bikes.

Since most of my rides are less than 30 miles, most saddles give me no problems. But I have developed a preference for leather saddles with cutouts. New Selle Anatomica and Gyes saddles grace 4 bikes. In an attempt to satisfy the vintage leather ethos and wanting a large central cutout, I turned to RHMsaddles.com and Rudi’s craftsmanship and recovering expertise. He came up with a custom cutout for my request. The saddle with this cutout has only had 2 test rides but results are extremely promising.

BAC3EB29-FCD7-431D-B209-0D9C30E3E547.jpeg

E27CC0FD-EE4D-43FA-9503-49583369E4B8.jpeg
7D5D8CCD-29FE-46D2-9A55-AE3CFD866670.jpeg

I think I have a new source for saddles. May send a couple of marginal saddles for his full recovering service. Thinking about sending some good ones just for his cutout.

Here are some of my others.
BC8278FA-30B9-4B6C-A318-F129FEEFF6CE.jpeg
7104FCC3-79FC-4EB5-971B-CF16A1991F15.jpeg
0B1DD55A-63A4-484B-BFCC-EAC396AF77C5.jpeg

Please post your favorite vintage leather saddles.

Last edited:
Wow! Rudi does really nice work, and the rest of yours are impressive as well. I have a nice Ideale being delivered today.

Back