When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leave alone or paint

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnguyinohio

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I've alway been a fan of patina over repaints but I do see a lot of early stingrays powder coated and wondering what others think since the paint is pretty rough on mine. Would it have a negative effect on value ? Btw this is a January 64 frame and it does have some incorrect parts also

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

IMG_4084.JPG

IMG_4085.JPG

IMG_4086.JPG

IMG_4087.JPG

Personally I would never buy a bike that was 'restored' using powdercoat. Either do it right with single stage enamels or just leave it be. Of course if you paint then you really need to do cad, chrome, etc.. and do it right. V/r Shawn

I'm not seeing any original maroon primer, and the paint is chipping, looks like an old repaint to me.

Curious as to why some of you think this is a repaint? What gives it away? Just trying to learn. I have a 64 American that has paint that is chipped away and looks really similar to the above frame.

IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

IMG_1825.JPG

if a bike is one you had frome new when you were young and you made all the scrapes and chips it is kool to leave it like it is,thats legit history,if not and you want it nice,restore it,but restore it dont just paint it,if you have it powercoated buy a set of taps so you can put it back together

I would say it depends on what you plan to do with it. I'd pro leave it and ride it and not worry about scratching new paint. But if you want to make it more of a show piece I'd repaint. However, I would not powder coat.

Back