When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

leave it to the beaver

-
I've always been a Outdoorsman, everytime I see the Title of this thread , I think
" Save a Tree eat a Beaver " !

EDDIEmeme.jpg

You can't forget Ken Osmond's role as Eddie Haskell.
Ken Osmond.jpg

LAPD motorcycle officer Ken Osmond . He joined the force in 1970 . September of 1980 he was shot three times by a car thief . Officer Osmond retired in 1988

Last edited:
Bike-to-school.jpg

Remember this episide , where Beaver lets this kid take his new bike for a spin around the block? Yep , you guessed it the kid never returns .
Mr Clever is angry the the Beaver was so irresponsible. The police officer shows up to take the report and request to see the registration paperwork.
Guess what Ward forgot to do?:eek:

I gave up cable years ago, before having to buy a digital converter when they switched from analog broadcast. I get MeTV, AntennaTV and this TV which play all the old TV shows. Andy Griffith, Father Knows Best, Brady Bunch, Leave it to Beaver, etc. Fun watching for old bikes in old TV and movies. (MeTV website sells awesome t-shirts!)

LOL, "I wouldn't be touching it."

Yet back to Larry's taped basket, handle bars, springer fork and Stem/Goose neck. That's the full set up on what would otherwise be customized parts added to hold cloth bags for a paper route.

In this scene though, Paper route wasn't the topic hence, a quick tape job ( Movie magic) on a prop (Bicycle) for the basket. Not a paper route bike today, [that scene[. .
Like Peewe's bike, it's a prop (property) and could appear in any episode for multiple uses.

The Los Angles times, The only profitable paper route a kid could have. (there were long wait periods and tough requirements to get one carrying LA times. ) in Los Angles region, which also happens to be where it's filmed, news paper delivery bags were two bags hung from each side of handle bar. The Sting-Ray's bars were also well suited to carry the two bags.

The tall goose neck and riser handle bar helped to keep the bags from hitting the fender and tire.

Larry's riding a heavy duty Wasp, (best news boy bike) set up with the latest social or tech features just about every delivery boy in Los Angles would, save multiple gearing, could want. The bike that Tim the tool man, had he bought one for his boy. Or a boy who'd saved up for it, A Wasp set up like that would be the best for the business. Moreover, Certainly what a Schwinn franchise would pitch in a sale for a news paper delivery bike. . All of the goodies.

Last edited:
Back