When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~Led Zep~~

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

yeshoney

I live for the CABE
Got a few hours to strip and start the rebuild. For those that don't know this is a very rare X ##### 1935 or '36 Rollfast TriBar Zep Frame with the curved Elgin Robin down tube. I stripped the paint because it wasn't original anyway, only the darts and head tube enamel was and i toook plenty of pics to duplicate them later if it were to be restored. The original HP Snyder sprocket was too worn to retain given I am putting a brand new chain on it and since i plan to ride it I did not want to go out and stretch a new chain. I used this Shelby sprocket instead with near NOS dog leg crank - original (the one that came with the bike when i got it :( ) was bent and not original anyway. Fork is a Westfield one, not an HP Snyder unit, but close enough. I am not trying to restore this, but I am trying to use period correct. The tube joints are very nice as you can see by the close ups. They really built them well back in the day! 8)

RZ1-1.jpg

RZ2-1.jpg

RZ3-1.jpg

RZ4-1.jpg

RZ5-1.jpg

RZ6-1.jpg

RZ7-1.jpg

RZ8-1.jpg

Can't belive you took off the original paint. The paint looked to good to strip off.

The only place the paint was original was the seat tube, the BB, and the head tube. It was expertly stripped in all other areas and repainted without primer in an almost color match thin coat. I stripped most of it off with my fingernail.

Can't belive you took off the original paint. The paint looked to good to strip off.

OK. I couldn't tell that from the photos I had seen. That's why I wanted the bike. I thought it was orig paint.

Back