When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lee Roy Hartung auction

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
auction

I was thinking about it. But there's the $100 registration fee to get in the auction, no onsite parking, they will shuttle you from one of there offsite lots, 15% buyers premium and 9.25% sales tax on everything (excluding cars and motorcycles). Then you have to schedule a pickup time to get the items you won. Kind of a turn off.

Last edited:
I HAD a person look over the Phantom and Aerocycle for me, they are not worth the expenses involved in getting there and bidding on them.

I bet Leno is saying the exact same thing!

i'm gonna watch this one. i can't wait.

I heard the Aerocycle sold for $4500 and the Bluebird carcass also sold for $4500. Way too much money for either of those bikes in my opinion.

The pictures of the auction are starting to stream in.
There was way more stuff available than what was in those early pictures.
A guy who went to the preview posted some pictures of what he saw, and it is totally worth checking out.
Go to the; Antique Motorcycle Club of America website and scroll through the community forums and when you get to the Parking Lot Chatter forum click on it.
Post # 17 by DuoGlide62 has a really nice stream of pictures that will make you all have sweet dreams of what this country used to build.

True. But both bikes needed a lot of work. I don't think the Aerocycle was crazy money but it needed a tank door, fenders, rack, seat and who knows what else. By the time all of that is bought you would be pretty close to getting into a decent complete one without all of the headaches. The Bluebird to me, rare or not, was missing almost everything that makes a Bluebird a Bluebird. Not to mention it was one of the later models and in my opinion, much less desirable models. I think a lot of the price on these two bikes in particular have a lot to do with the provenance. Years down the road I'm sure we will be talking about the "Hartung Aerocycle" and the "Hartung Bluebird".

the problem is that junk is getting harder to get and what is a lot now might be cheep down the line. still the carcus is a bluebird and if you love them, then money is not a object to some.

Back