When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legit Black Beauty or ????

-
I've seen a Simmons Westminster that looked identical to this bike... Here's an earlier truss frame catalog page, although with a larger chainwheel and a more curved looking truss (the one I've seen in person looks straighter)...

Simmons_08.jpg

Take this with a grain of salt, but both of the brands (Simmons & Black Beauty) were jobbed to a multitude of manufacturers over the years I believe. It's entirely possible that the bike in question is a Black Beauty from the same outfit who manufactured the Simmons cycles, especially where the badge style (flat, die-cut brass) resembles the style (material approach but not shape) of the teens Simmons bicycles. It's a sweet bike regardless.

First off thanks to all that have added info and their opinions..........
I'm trying to get some more info and pics so we'll see how that goes.........and I'm asking about being able to see the bike in person.
I'm still digging for info..........badge with 2 dimple holes gets me......but still a damn kool bike !!!

so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance-memes-com-16169791.png

More catalog pictures; (forget which year).
Simmons Hdwr p3114.jpg

Looks like the 20" frame.
So, did H.P. Snyder build frames for E.C. Simmons in the teens or twenties?
Was it the (later) "Laclede" badge with the diagonal holes for fasteners?

Last edited:
Was in the hospital a couple days so my trip out of town was cut shot but I got a few minutes to stop and look at the bike and take a few more pics
I could not find any serial numbers or stampings anywhere unless I missed them.
There is a hole in line with the top badge hole - just no screw. I took a couple close ups and few other pics
I'm thinking somebody here is going to recognize the decal on the downtube..........it's pretty clear - I'm thinking Haverford Cycle Company.
Bad part is that the bike has been black spray bombed - not crazy bad and certain parts were taped off but no pins are visable.
I can go possibly see it again possibly in 2 weeks........if more info is needed

IMG_6160.JPG

IMG_6164.JPG

IMG_6161.JPG

IMG_6162.JPG

IMG_E6162.JPG

I normally wouldn't ask about value but I have to this time since I have absolutely no idea on this one.
I'm still interested in it - love the frame style, head badge - Black beauty and the frame itself looks solid.............
Bad points modern wheels and bubs, seat, been spray painted etc.......but I still like it.
Not sure what I'd try and do to it if anything. Would sorta be scared to try and remove paint to see if anything original is save-able.

Open to opinions please.....what is it worth ???

Back