When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leon Dixon Top 25 Collectible Bikes...

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking, is a cross reference of everybody’s top 10 list, and which model bikes show up the most.
I’m sure the 35-37 Elgin Bluebird would be in the running for the most universally chosen bike.
That doesn’t mean it’s the rarest, most valuable bike.
It just means, it’s one of the most iconic bikes, because it has broad appeal among the most knowledgeable collectors.
I’m sure the 34-35 Schwinn Aerocycle, 38-39 Shelby Speedline Airflo, etc would also rate high across the spectrum.
But, what one model is just about on everyone’s list?
That’s the question.
I say Elgin Bluebird seems to get the nod. Do I win a 7-11 slurpee or something? Sorry if it seems like I'm continually trying to knock this thread off the rails, but it's like debating if Blondes are sexier than Brunettes.

One of the reasons Blonds are considered more attractive dates back to the middle ages when you as a man would be lucky to Meet on average 6 women in your life time who would be considered marriage worthy. Remember, meet not date. Therefore you would need to decide quickly if you wanted to take her as a wife. As blonds tend to be of fairer complexion it was easier to see judge health of that person. An unhealthy perhaps diseased blond would show more discoloration in their face. As a woman with darker hair and complexion would be less likely to exhibit the same coloration in their face. Therefor blonds have always been considered more attractive.

If Mr. Dixon's list were to be updated, the 1977-78 Breezer Series 1 would have to be added. It's considered the first purpose-built mountain bike, and only 10 were built. One changed hands within the last 5 years or so for $30k

p5pb12993843.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back