When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leon Dixon Top 25 Collectible Bikes...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
I give: What is a 1920's "Charlie Chaplin bike"?
I don't know any specifics and have no pics, however Leon had shown me pics of this bike in the past. It has the badge already posted, except the etching was the normal way... that reproduction badge was etched backwards. There's a funny... actually, kinda sad story about that, but I digress. It also had a Charlie Chaplin figurine mounted on the handlebars. I don't know if there was anything else special about the bike. Rare, yeah. MEGA rare.. maybe he has the only one known?

Whatever happened to Leon?
Hello everybody. Larkin Little here putting in my 3 cents again. I had dinner with Leon a few nights ago and I have to say I really enjoy and like him. I must admit we've been buddies a long time. But not nearly as long as he's been in the bike hobby. His passion is super high for old bikes and I don't think it is possible for anyone to change that. Same with most or all of you that made a comment to this. If someone had a favorite music playlist in the fifties, it would be a whole lot different from someone who had a favorite musical playlist from the 90's. Kind of the same with Leons dated bike list. I'd also like to add who could leave a beautiful 37 or 38 CWC bike off their list. I would say my list would have to include a Schwinn Fastback and not a Krate or other flavor of StingRay. Ten years ago I would have never put an Evinrude on that list, but now since I own one and have had several moments alone with it, there is no way I could keep it off that list. Hope you like comment.

If you are really talking beauty list top 25 women of all time….. on someones Mama Cass Elliott would be on it…… here we go

1. 34 Schwinn Aerocycle
2. 38 Shelby speedline airflow
3. 37 Roadmaster Supreme
4. 35 Elgin Bluebird
5. 36 Dayton Safety Streamline
6. 36 Colson Commander
7. 40 Mercury Pacemaker
8. 41 Schwinn Autocycle deluxe
9. 49-56 Schwinn Phantom
10. 54 JC Higgins 100
you could easily flip 5/6 as in my book they are a tie but to me thats the top 10, to list twenty i would get into 28” wheel Merkel, Dayton, Pierce, Indians and Harleys and someone else would throw in a modern road/racing bike…. me mine was the 61 Schwinn 8 speed Varsity……

In life you pay for beauty Schwinn wins the award with 3 of top 10 and if you went farther #11 would be the 64-1/2 Schwinn super deluxe stingray …… I am in love with many the Colson Bullnose and Clipper the Shelby Safety, Elgin Skylark and Robin. Then the Roadmaster delivery and the Schwinn cycletruck shouldnt be left off because they could be used to make money to put a honey on the sexist bikes of them all …… just about any girls version of these bikes, only thing hotter is a babe in a bikini on the deck of a mahagoney boat. My list would truely have to stop with the top 10 ballooner collectables.

Last edited:
bummer......i don't have any of those in my stable!
It's all a matter of personal opinion. Even value is in the eye of the beholder to an extent. Yes, market dictates (admiration/want/need in numbers), but in an auction setting with 2 stubborn rich bidders who REALLY want something and bid it up to the clouds, that isn't a true value. The list will be different for everyone unless you collect for investment and popularity with the masses. Tyler, I'm betting you have some primo bikes (I know you do) and you like them and that's what counts. This thread is worthy of discussion and it's neat the way it evolves over time. When it gets right down to it, " Babes on Bikes" could offer as many views and varied opinions. Who makes the coolest "bell bottom" pants these days? Do you prefer "Brylcreem" or "Score" to sculp that lid. I vote @fordmike65 has the best coiffed lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back