When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leonard’s dept store bike, without a manufacturer name, need help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Greatoutdoors

On Training Wheels
Need help trying to determine who manufactured this bike. Can’t find anything like it.

35360690-B7E7-4674-B55E-2CFE3398C9F3.jpeg

E06390F8-0E14-4BF5-A6B7-623F99816A01.jpeg

BAFA78D4-8B4A-4DA8-99AD-46DFB8BF437B.jpeg

8E666A38-3545-41AB-85EC-444DBB40E46E.jpeg

Thank you so much for your response.
I think you are right. I found one bike that was titled an amf Shelby. It was also noted as explorer but it had a planet vs a rocket on the side. I have never seen one quite like this before though.

Is it me or is the front fender on backwards, maybe I need more coffee this morn. Nice unique bike.

Definitely AMF and that front cover piece on the tank was early '60's, by the mid-60's they went to a plastic version. The bike looks mostly original, except for the rear wheel and probably the seat. The two holes in the front fender would have been for a light or ornament, once the fender is turned around. Your serial should be on the left drop-out, and if you look up the first letter on Phil Marshall's CWC serial number chart it will give you the year. The serial could possibly be under the bottom bracket, I'm not sure exactly when they quit doing that. Let us know what you find.

Back