When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks Danny, I love the color too..couldnt pass it up

Just picked up this 1982 schwinn sidewinder yesterday, need some work but the price was right.
00W0W_jV84HebMGzf_600x450.jpg

Them thar Lady's Cruisers are sooo difficult to find! Regrettably, a few months back, on C/L There was the so called 'fabled' yet the real deal : Black 81 (biased on fork dart) Lady's Cruiser 5. Not deluxe wit springer but, It was pretty nice, un-cleaned yet signs of very little wear Completely original, and loaded, fully equipped, every thing off of Schwinn's shelf plus; , Rear drum brake, fenders, ( Not Schwinn fenders of course) light, generator, speedo etc.

Reluctantly, it was plenty cheap enough $150, but bad timing that month as, I get enough flack from me better half. But there's this too; I really don't need another and having bought it, there's this to contend with: Odd that Lady's 5 are so rare and such a difficult flip verses the boy bike. The one that got away.

Just picked up this 81 ladies chestnut

View attachment 800280

@irideiam, looking at the specifications you posted, I notice that for the 1977 Spitfire the frame is described as "Heavy duty, Schwinn electro-forged cantilever style frame." I wonder if this was just marketing, or did the Spitfire frames have some extra (internal) bracing? I've never noticed any extra bracing on the outside, on the balloon tire cruisers or even on the Heavy-Duti. It would make sense for an off-road bike, but maybe they thought it was strong enough already.

IMG_0288.JPG
I got hit by a car on this one, bending the frame...I then received a ticket in the mail for " Unlawfully Riding a Bicycle " ,a charge leveled on me by the woman who hit me....went to court, the crowd was howling when I told the judge about receiving the ticket in the mail, after being hit...... he scolded the women's attorney, calling the charge disgraceful .....Justice Prevailed that day....

View attachment 800741 I got hit by a car on this one, bending the frame...I then received a ticket in the mail for " Unlawfully Riding a Bicycle " ,a charge leveled on me by the woman who hit me....went to court, the crowd was howling when I told the judge about receiving the ticket in the mail, after being hit...... he scolded the women's attorney, calling the charge disgraceful .....Justice Prevailed that day....
You probably interrupted her important telephone conversation by thoughtlessly riding your bicycle on the road while she was using it. :eek:

Back