eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

SirMike1983

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 27, 2008
United States
The low-profile front fender that comes to a low, rounded point is correct for the post-war Continental. They're a stainless, lighter fender with wire braces and a rounded-profile.

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010
Floral Park, NY, United States
BTW...the '46 Continental was found on Facebook, but not even listed as a Schwinn. The top of the saddle wasn't attached (I have it) in one of the photos, and the bike was dirty, but I knew what it was. And being around 10 miles from my house was icing on the cake.

And another great deal...$50...

IMG_4721.jpg

schwinnlax

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 14, 2016
La Crosse, WI
Here are my 1950s lightweights.

'53 Varsity with cycle lock.

53 Varsity 2019.JPG

'56 Racer, haven't done anything with this yet. Has the unique "speedy" Schwinn decals

Right Side.jpeg

'59 Racer 23" frame. I ride this one several times a week. Now has a Brooks saddle on it.

1959 Racer right.JPG

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010
Floral Park, NY, United States
I don't know if I'll be shamed for this, but here is my '80 Varsity I just finished.

P6110429.JPG

P6110430.JPG

P6110433.JPG

P6110434.JPG

P6110435.JPG

P6110436.JPG

P6110437.JPG
Beautiful paint job. I used to do airbrush illustrations for Advertising and for myself, but on paper, lol, so I can appreciate all the time involved to come out with this flawless piece of rolling art. :)

schwinnman67

Jun 11, 2014
Aurora, CO, United States
I have nothing earlier than a couple1962 models and nothing later than a 66. Here's just a few of my lightweights.

1962 Continental 15 speed, but not a Super Conti. Was originally a tourist model.

62 Conti 3.jpg

One owner near mint late 1961 Conti with the factory Huret upgrade and new style decals.

1961 Continental Tourist 003 (Large).jpg

One owner near mint 65 Varsity Tourist that was pulled out of an attic in Scottsdale after 35+ years hibernating. Original owner was a retired Air Force pilot.

65 Varsity As Found 010.jpg

I pieced together this copy of my favorite childhood bike that I purchased new in the Summer of 1964, 1964 Lime Varsity.

1964 Varsity Completed 001.jpg

1964 Varsity Completed 012 (Large).jpg
Did you ever do anything with the Terra Cotta Varsity?

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
Did you ever do anything with the Terra Cotta Varsity?
I did very little to it, didn't need much, so just enough to get it rolling again with the correct parts. New grease when I put it back together and just wiped it down with some Pledge. Took a while to find, but I got the correct Sprint freewheel, removed the suicide brake lever extensions and fixed the damaged they did to the quick release on the levers. The bars are wrapped with white flexon tape for that catalog correct look. lol

Never did take any pictures of it when I got it put back together though. I was going to do that after the chrome and paint was all detailed but never got that far. :eek:
The before pictures. 1964 Terra Cotta Varsity

2013-08-14a 1964 Schwinn Varsity Terra Cotta.JPG

2013-08-14n 1964 Schwinn Varsity Terra Cotta.JPG

Somewhat rare metal stem.

2013-08-14i 1964 Schwinn Varsity Terra Cotta (2).JPG

2013-08-14j 1964 Schwinn Varsity Terra Cotta.JPG

3-speeder

Dec 26, 2017
Lansing, MI, United States
Picked up this '53 a while ago but never got any pics of it. I'm thinking it may have been a Varsity or maybe a Traveler. Ad on CL said "Old bike $30" and had poor photos. Had to grab it once I saw it. Pretty sure it belonged to Burl Ives. I don't have any documentation but, ah..... check this out...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wish he'd a kept it red
image.jpg

image.jpg

And here's Burl

cyclingday

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Feb 24, 2008
Costa Mesa, California. United States
Super bummed!
EFA14C12-5FF6-4192-AAA2-1E7FA9B6080D.jpeg

My 46 Continental build just arrived, and this frame is cracked as well. Uggh!
I had such high hopes for this one, and now I’m just going to pull the plug on it.
I’ll be in the market for a good quality version of the same, if any of you guys spot one.
I’m not in the mood to try and repair this one, since it’s original condition was such an important part of the build.
I’m over it now.

Reactions: Sven

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 24, 2017
Mechanicsville, MD, United States
Super bummed!
EFA14C12-5FF6-4192-AAA2-1E7FA9B6080D.jpeg

My 46 Continental build just arrived, and this frame is cracked as well. Uggh!
I had such high hopes for this one, and now I’m just going to pull the plug on it.
I’ll be in the market for a good quality version of the same, if any of you guys spot one.
I’m not in the mood to try and repair this one, since it’s original condition was such an important part of the build.
I’m over it now.
That blows

Roger Henning

Dec 2, 2018
Sharon Wisconsin
For a frame builder that would be an easy and quick repair. That would be my route if I owned it. Roger

Reactions: Eatontkd

schwinnlax

Jun 14, 2016
La Crosse, WI
Picked up this '53 a while ago but never got any pics of it. I'm thinking it may have been a Varsity or maybe a Traveler. Ad on CL said "Old bike $30" and had poor photos. Had to grab it once I saw it. Pretty sure it belonged to Burl Ives. I don't have any documentation but, ah..... check this out...
Traveler had SS fenders, Varsity fenders were painted.

Reactions: 3-speeder
This ad goes away when you register for an account!