When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some early 80’s King Stings and Sidewinders

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That sure looks like Chestnut to me! No reddish tones in Sierra Brown.

View attachment 1412420

I guess Schwinn should have consulted you before they named that color in 82, and listed it wrong in all their sales literature and dealer catalogs!

Found this one at the Bicycle Heaven swap meet a couple weeks ago. 1982 18" frame five-speed. Mostly original when I got it but was still missing some small parts and a couple stickers. It's currently rolling on new SE racing double wall rims with 1983 Shimano mountain bike hubs. The SE rims are inexpensive, readily available, and nice to work with. I have a set of correct wheels in the works.

82 kingsting.jpg

Maybe post a picture of the correct color "Sierra Brown" would be more appropriate. :rolleyes:
I’m with you on this one, don’t care what it was called in the catalog for one year only. It’s been Chestnut for far longer. Here’s a picture of my “Sierra” brown bike, sure looks an awful lot like my two cans of factory Schwinn chestnut touch up paint. Doesn’t look anything like the factory spray can of Sierra brown that I have.

Back