When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
2704. On the opposite side of where it would be on a Chicago badge.

Last edited:
GTs58, what year is this ad from? I have a pretty rusty, but restorable frame, forks (with the fender tabs), handlebars and crank that looks just like this. Would need new wheels/tires, but am trying to decide if it is worth the time and money to get it to a nice rider condition.

View attachment 1328278

1986 Taiwan Schwinn.

Your head badge number says its a late 84, possibly an 85. If you already own it, build it and ride it. You can build up a decent or nice set of wheels, take them off if you find something better.

Reactions: hm.
Anybody know how far into 84 did the Schmurrys go ( like @Rivnut's ), very distinct frames produced by Murry for schwinn and easy to identify.

Anybody know how far into 84 did the Schmurrys go ( like @Rivnut's ), very distinct frames produced by Murry for schwinn and easy to identify.

I think they finished out the 1984 model year. I thought they produced further and into 1985 model year but doubting that now. Here's a late built 1984 Taiwan. Then it had to be thrown in a box and then into a box container and then shipped across the pond. :tonguewink: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/my-recent-cruiser-5-acquisition.131106/#post-880848

The Schmurrys were assembled mostly with Schwinn frame parts shipped from the closed Chicago factory so rear dropouts & guard mounts are the same, the frames made in Hungary are the next most like the OG Chicago built, after that they went further away from the og looking frames.

Reactions: hm.
The Schmurrys were assembled mostly with Schwinn frame parts shipped from the closed Chicago factory so rear dropouts & guard mounts are the same, the frames made in Hungary are the next most like the OG Chicago built, after that they went further away from the og looking frames.

1609314140274.png

Back