When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

-
YES, the 83 cruiser I have has .080ga spokes, a Shimano rear coaster hub, and large flange Normandy front hub. I believe I posted a pic of that bike somewhere earlier in this message thread?
You very well may have. I've got a Feb. '83 Sidewinder (serial), I'll have to check the hub on that. I hadn't picked up on the different hubs (ACS and Normandy), but with the spokes it makes sense. Thanks!

You very well may have. I've got a Feb. '83 Sidewinder (serial), I'll have to check the hub on that. I hadn't picked up on the different hubs (ACS and Normandy), but with the spokes it makes sense. Thanks!

That makes sense, thanks! Do you know when they quit making their own hubs? Maybe the mid-'60's?

Schwinn did make their own hubs @mrg . As far as the Schwinn script front hub that was made by Schwinn for a few decades, the 1962 models came with that identical hub with the Schwinn script along with APPROVED engraved on it. I have yet to find out who started making these hubs for Schwinn.

Back