When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice bike I was a Chicago only snob but I’ve realized the err of my ways, um kinda Hungary bike?
Haha yeah not hungary yet..but later for sure. I try to keep it 82 and older but 1984 was the very last year for the USA made Schwinn Cruiser.. half of 83 through 84 was assembled by Murray. We call it a Schmurray. Heres my 83

Nice grab on that 84 Xlobsterman
Looks a lot like my old one I sold recently. I had the studded balloon gumwalls but missing the original rear reflector and pedals
View attachment 1430440

I could not pass it up because of the condition of the bike. Got it for a fair price, and the seller did a super job on packing it so it arrived with zero damage!

I wish all my bicycle transactions went this perfect!!!!!

I have an 83 single speed also with a Chicago frame.

In hindsight I wish I would have taken pictures of all the custom Cruisers I built while working at the shop back in the day. But back then I never imagined this thing called the internet would be in the future, and I would be posting pictures and discussing these bikes over 40 years later! LOL

I built a few of these white frames with red & blue parts on them, and they looked sharp.

Last edited:
In hindsight I wish I would have taken pictures of all the custom Cruisers I built while work at the shop back in the day. But back then I never imagined this thing called the internet would be in the future, and I would be posting pictures and discussing these bikes over 40 years later! LOL

I built a few of these white frames with red & blue parts on them, and they looked sharp.
I built a yellow & all blue, blue & gold, just built this red gold with old parts, gave this black & blue to my brother in law 20 years ago he just gave it back,but where’s my blue UKAI rims bro w/bendix hub & blue suntour? Front hub? Hahaha hindsight is 20/20 lol, Bob Haro & the Obsbornes (bmx magazine) were in my neighborhood

A9F58A3A-39EF-48F5-B3ED-43F845D11C83.jpeg

35A19F11-BA8A-445F-98FC-041C1E6AF734.png

D190B950-3A99-434E-B6CC-402479C0BEAB.jpeg

Back