When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

-
the Schmurray rides again!

many pieces sourced from this forum

IMG_20220423_013859262.jpg

I found this pic on FB from the early 80's in Hermosa Beach, Calif. with a Schwinn Cruiser sporting the full "Grab-On" pads that were popular back in the day for the strand cruising beach crowd! This is where I spent countless hours fishing from the pier, roller skating, and cruising the strand on my bikes back in the day!

I found this pic on FB from the early 80's in Hermosa Beach, Calif. with a Schwinn Cruiser sporting the full "Grab-On" pads that were popular back in the day for the strand cruising beach crowd! This is where I spent countless hours fishing from the pier, roller skating, and cruising the strand on my bikes back in the day!

View attachment 1617097
Awesome. I grew up a couple blocks away on 8th. What a great time.

Awesome. I grew up a couple blocks away on 8th. What a great time.

Yes it was. I spent the better part of may late teens and early 20's in Hermosa Beach in the late 70's and 80's. I moved out of Calif. in 2002, and went back for the first time in 2019. Things have changed quite a bit since all the money moved in! I am hoping to make a trip back out there some time soon since Covid seems to be easing up out that way.

Last edited:
Back