When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What shop did the KLUNKER 5 come from?
VANS BIKE & KEY, Long Beach CA.
1585206888576.png

Can't seem to find a pic of my red Klunker's shop tag ( I posted it here somewhere? ) I think it was close to your shop on Manhattan beach blvd in Torrance maybe, I think you said it was your competitor a couple of miles away?.

Yea, back in the day there were quite a few Schwinn dealers scattered around the South Bay, including Torrance, Redondo, Lomita, and if I remember correctly, even Hermosa Beach?

Thanks Xlobsterman! I believe that the "MR" serial number indicates a December of 1980 build, so I would guess it to be an 81 model.

Last edited:
Thanks Xlobsterman! I believe that the "MR" serial number indicates a December of 1980 build, so I would guess it to be an 81 model.

The 4 digits stamped into the head badge will confirm the build date of the bikes finally assembly from the factory.

Back