When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@19*01 I see you have at least four of these little 20" Cruisers and you've said a few were 1980 models. There's been a discussion on these pertaining to the actual model year of these since some have said there were no 20" Cruisers built in and for the 1980 model year. I'm curious and if you could verify all your Cruisers and post a picture of the build dates on the head badges and that would really be appreciated! I'm pretty sure you have at least two with an MR serial number and I'm 99.9% sure they were built a few months into 1981.

1597511315688.png

I thought i read somewhere on here the frame only in white green and silver were 81 82 only.as far as the weld,its original paint so i guess its poor quality control.im no expert like you guys.i only know what i read on here.it was badgeless when i got it.and strange it showed no evidence a badge was ever on it.thanks dude.

Last edited:
Think the special order colors ( white, green & silver ) were 80-83 but most seem to be 80, most of mine have been 80 except a white 83 I sold here back a while.

Think the special order colors ( white, green & silver ) were 80-83 but most seem to be 80, most of mine have been 80 except a white 83 I sold here back a while.

I was hoping Schwinn stamped the head badges on those frames. The serial stamped head tubes on these pieces only tell you time the serial was stamped and when the frame was built is unknown. That extra weld on @birdzgarage is something Schwinn did on some of the Heavy-Duti models. All four points of the cantilever bars had the additional welds. Not sure of birdz frame has that at the four points or not, but they that sure is strange since the Heavy-Duti's were middleweights.

Just picked up this 81 Deluxe Cruiser. I believe most is stock original except seat? I'm thinking it needs a Messinger seat, but weigh in on other parts it may need. Also have this blue 83 Cruiser 5 that I have listed locally.

View attachment 1252244

View attachment 1252245

Nice deluxe, and yes the seat and the tires are not original to the bike, but everything else looks correct. The gumwall tires look the best on the Chestnut bikes in my opinion!

That is not an 83 Cruiser 5, it is an 85 or 86 made in Taiwan. What are the 4 number stamped into the head badge?

Last edited:
Back