When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I picked this one up today for a great deal, haven't been able to find the serial numbers that start with JU though. Is this a 1979 model?

Resized_20210317_161929.jpeg

Resized_20210317_195356.jpeg

Resized_20210317_200317.jpeg

I find your serial number stamping interesting. Schwinn stamped their serial numbers on the bikes component prior to building a frame. So the serial numbers all had paint in the stamping. Yours looks like it was stamped after the frame was painted! That blows me away.

I find your serial number stamping interesting. Schwinn stamped their serial numbers on the bikes component prior to building a frame. So the serial numbers all had paint in the stamping. Yours looks like it was stamped after the frame was painted! That blows me away.
It's hard telling, the sticker on the frame shows it was at a Schwinn shop on S. Padre Isl. Dr. in Corpus Christi, Texas at one point and it has somehow ended up in Indiana so I'm sure it's got some stories to tell!

I think that kinda goes along with it being a schmurry, murry number stamping sometimes are not as accurate as Schwinn, look at the last 4 #'s seem to not be inline, I have even seen them up side down, backwards, crocked or even at the upside down on top of the other side so Murrys quality control lacked a little. can't tell about the rims but looks like the later front hub. how about some better pics of the BB and the cantilever ends?

Back