When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

-
That is a classic California bike with the grab-on bar pads, and the foot pegs! Those were 2 of the best selling accessories for the Spitfires & Cruisers when I was working at the shop back in the day! This upgrade allowed all the guys to shuttle all the bikini clad chics up and and down the bike path at the beaches in So. Cal.

View attachment 1395122
Exactly what I got it for! LOL

The 79 spitfire

I added it.its from palm cycle on motor ave.in los angeles.i have a few I got from the man who's family owned it since the early 60s.

Last edited:
Finishing up a Cruiser 5 rest (actually one of birdzgarage's bikes that made it out to the east coast)...Anyone have a pic of a stock 1980 Cruiser 5 drum brake side chain stay...I'm looking to see where Schwinn placed the cable clamp for the Atom brake cable and what clamp was used...This is the last detail on the bike...Thanks!

Finishing up a Cruiser 5 rest (actually one of birdzgarage's bikes that made it out to the east coast)...Anyone have a pic of a stock 1980 Cruiser 5 drum brake side chain stay...I'm looking to see where Schwinn placed the cable clamp for the Atom brake cable and what clamp was used...This is the last detail on the bike...Thanks!
There's a couple in this thread, not the best but they'll give you an idea of the basic layout (Post #147 and #79). There may be more in the rest of the thread:

Here's a 26" Schwinn Cruiser 5 I picked up at the 2021 Spring Memory Lane Swap Meet, Original Condition, Spicy Chestnut, MR Frame, December 1980, Badge #1671 June 17, 1981
This bicycle needs a good detailing and will be a spectacular piece.

IMG_9446.JPG

Last edited:
Back