When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Was riding the Hornet around the hood last night and went by my neighbor‘s place and found him out with the family riding. I had never seen the black Klunker on the ground before as he always had it displayed up on the wall in front of the Impala. I posted this because of the head badge date.
3557, just days before Christmas 1977. The bike has been repainted with new graphics at some point and also seems to have the incorrect fork (and those fenders, 🙁), so not sure of the originality of the rest of it. I will get a better look at it soon as I’ll be tuning it up for him in a few days.

B0DE5D65-783F-47FB-A898-6350BC34B229.jpeg

A8822E01-0885-41A6-8925-A32288EF6DE9.jpeg

925C3177-39A1-4EC3-A1E3-04C321132041.jpeg

Last edited:
Was riding the Hornet around the hood last night and went by my neighbor‘s place and found him out with the family riding. I had never seen the black Klunker on the ground before as he always had it displayed up on the wall in front of the Impala. I posted this because of the head badge date.
3557, only four days before Christmas 1977. The bike has been repainted with new graphics at some point and also seems to have the incorrect fork (and those fenders, 🙁), so not sure of the originality of the rest of it. I will get a better look at it soon as I’ll be tuning it up for him in a few days.

View attachment 1678435

View attachment 1678436

View attachment 1678437

Schwinn never made a single speed KLUNKER in 77 or 78, so it is a most likely a Spitfire that has been redone as a KLUNKER imposter! There were only KLUNKER 5's in late 78 before the recall. BTW, I don't even see a serial number on the head tube? So it is possibly and earlier frame with a newer badge on it?

Last edited:
Ya, I'd be curious about the frame #'s, has a hand brake fork, Schwinn rims
?, S7 or S2 ?, would have a small front hub in 77, Klunker would be screened on not a decal or vinyl.

Ya, I'd be curious about the frame #'s, has a hand brake fork, Schwinn rims
?, S7 or S2 ?, would have a small front hub in 77, Klunker would be screened on not a decal or vinyl.
Schwinn never made a single speed KLUNKER in 77 or 78, so it is a most likely a Spitfire that has been redone as a KLUNKER imposter! There were only KLUNKER 5's in late 78 before the recall. BTW, I don't even see a serial number on the head tube? So it is possibly and earlier frame with a newer badge on it?
It does have S2 rims, didn’t look close at the hubs. I am pretty sure when I check the details it will turn out to be more of a FLUNKER! Still a nice bike, albeit misrepresented.

Last edited:
Chromed everything Nice!! What about the brake arm? 🤣😂🤣 prolly just the pic hahaha color is awesome, dig customs

Back