When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hello all. I am currently obsessed with the late 70’s and early 80’s single speed coaster brake model Spitfires and Cruisers. I love them totally stock and with some bmx accents. I am looking for inspiration on a current build project. Can you guys that have them post up some pics of your bikes. I really appreciate it. Here are two of mine.

View attachment 747481
View attachment 747482
20180325_153702.jpg
20180327_050440.jpg
20180325_153702.jpg

...are the fenders after-market? If they're Schwinn fenders, will the name be stamped or printed on the fenders?

I don't know why it's remained a constant tell on Schwinn fenders only, but it's been so. as a tell tale. as a kid in 60's, after market hasn't caught up on.

I can see that yours are not Schwinn b/c of the distance between the flat area on fender bracket, where the fender bracket meets the fender, it's too long. Even into the turn of century 2000 about up until it was bought out for the last time, that area, the distance of the flat area of fender bracket, where it meets the fender will always be a quarter inch or less, with less being the usual. .

So, while they were not making their own fenders late 70's-early 80's, I know for sure that post 95 bikes have the small area exposed as Schwinn always did. .

View attachment 772853

I sure would like to find one in that sweet Chestnut Color , if anybody has one for sale , please let me kno .

Rafael

Back