When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see those original paint J33s

-

NickM

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just looking to start a post for original paint j33s. These are definitely my all time favorite stingrays

I know super deluxes have always been popular, but in my opinion true original j33s are harder to come by

Nick your right they are tough to find. The only 2 I ever had in 35 years of this are 2 I bought from Joe Olimpio ( about 1995 ) in New Hampshire. Both violet, 1 real nice original and 1 restored. Unfortunately still looking for their pictures.

Nick,
I would agree, the J33 is a rare Stingray, especially in its “Factory Paint”.
Patina, scratches or a rub is OK with me as long as it’s not a repaint.
Period correct decals or stickers are one of my Favorites on these old bikes.

You have a cool J33

The closest I’ve come to a nice one is in the Sales Brochure.

Thanks for sharing, Chris.

DFA637C4-F401-4AA9-9F7C-C93965895F8A.jpeg

Reactions: mrg
Technically? Original paint. I had an original pint can of the Schwinn lime and it covered the whole frame and guard.
The only Stingray I have ever restored and my favorite of the Stingrays! I was blown away that the paint was useable after umpteen years.
Fully restored Hi loop bike with as much of the correct parts as I could find. Joe in Cleveland did the seat restoration
top notch! Miss that little bike!

pix of the project now long gone.

ray.JPG

ray6.jpg

ray7.jpg

ray10.JPG

ray13.JPG

ray14.JPG

ray15.JPG

ray16.jpg

ray17.jpg

ray18.jpg

Here's one I got a while back - still wearing the remainder of its original paint. I have not had it out in quite some time, but I rode it a bit when I first got it.
65 CA64042 B.JPG

REC

PS: Not as pretty as Bob's, but its still a nice one!!

Back